Noones allows you to buy cryptocurrency with gift cards. This guide will show you how and what types of gift cards are supported.
Here are a few things to consider before buying cryptocurrency with gift cards:
- You can sell cards that you own personally
- Make sure there is a balance on your card
Searching for an offer:
The first step in buying cryptocurrency with gift cards is to look for an offer that accepts your gift card type. You’ll also need to input the amount of cryptocurrency you wish to purchase and the currency you prefer.
When you find the offer that suits you (looking at how much cryptocurrency you’ll be getting on the dollar and the reliability of a seller), be sure to read the offer terms before starting the trade.
Tip: Pay attention if a seller requires a receipt, accepts e-codes, or physical cards only.
Once you have started the trade, a more detailed set of instructions will appear, which is called trade instructions. In some cases, sellers will have a step-by-step guide for you to follow.
Creating an offer:
You can also create your own offer to buy cryptocurrency with gift cards. Here are some things to consider:
- Set a margin you find profitable as negotiations during the trade is not allowed
- Write clear offer terms and instructions
After creating and publishing your personalized offer, wait for a seller to start a trade with you. Once a trade has started, you will receive a notification. Feel free to discuss all the necessary details with your trade partner and finalize the payment.
Completing a trade
Once you have paid the seller and uploaded proof of your payment, click Paid. Your payment is not confirmed unless you click Paid and if you forget to do so, the trade will expire and the cryptocurrency will automatically go back to the seller's wallet.
The last step is for the seller to confirm the payment. Please be patient because this may take some time. Once the seller has confirmed the payment, they should release the cryptocurrency to you and complete the trade.
Once the trade is completed, you can leave appropriate feedback for your trade partner. Also, if you like trading with the same user in the future, you can add them to your trusted list.
Here are some other tips on how to buy cryptocurrency in Noones.
- Most sellers accept gift cards that:
- Have been bought with cash, so be ready with a picture of the receipt, sometimes the image of packaging may be also requested
- Have a denomination printed on the card ($25, $50, $100, and so on)
- Are clear and legible. Otherwise, sellers can reject it
- You cannot sell a fraction of the card value. For example, if you have a $100 gift card, you can’t sell it for $30 out of $100 — You have to sell the whole card value.
- Many also do not accept anything over $100. Remember to read their offer terms and instructions carefully before starting a trade and uploading details of the card to make sure that you have the right kind of card.
- Remember to click the Paid button as soon as you have uploaded everything according to the seller’s requirements. This will prevent the trade from expiring and it will prevent your card details from being stolen.
- Brokering of gift cards is strictly prohibited and goes against the Noones Terms of Service. Brokering refers to buying the gift card from someone else and then selling the card again in Noones. You are allowed to only sell the cards you purchased yourself. Once you sell the card and receive your cryptocurrency, you should not use the card anymore. If you are caught brokering or trying to sell used cards, your account will be banned.