Google Authenticator is an application that implements two-step verification services for our users as an added layer of security. It uses a time-based one-time password algorithm and HMAC-based one-time password algorithm for authenticating users of mobile applications by Google.
To set up 2FA with Google Authenticator (GA) follow the steps below:
- Download the GA app
- Once the GA app is installed, login into your Noones account on a different device
- Hover over your username on the top right corner of the page and click Settings from the menu
- On the settings menu, click Security
- On the security page, under Two-factor authentication (2FA) settings, choose Google Authenticator
- Click Activate now and a QR code appears
- Scan the QR code with your phone by using the Google Authenticator app. A 6-digit code will appear on the app or you can copy the code for manual setup.
- Enter the 6-digit code into the field below the QR code. Your code will be automatically submitted once you input the code.
- Once your code is automatically submitted, a menu will appear.
- To verify that 2FA via GA is turned on, make sure it says Activated
- For more security, check all the toggles under the Enable 2FA column
- When all toggles are blue, you’re done! 2FA via Google Authenticator is set up
To troubleshoot 2FA via Google Authenticator (GA), visit our help center page.