The Bitcoin you sent may not appear immediately in the recipient's wallet balance but that doesn't mean that the funds are lost. Here are some steps for you to figure out what could have happened:
- Make sure you sent the Bitcoin to the correct wallet address. You can check this by going over your transaction history
- If the recipient’s wallet address is correct, go to Step 2.
- If you have used an incorrect address, the only way to get the crypto back is by asking the recipient to send them back to you. Visit this page for more information about it.
- Check the transaction status on Blockcypher.com or Blockchain.com
- If you see less than 3 confirmations, give the transaction some more time to be processed (this may take up to 24 hours)
- If you see 3 or more confirmations, contact the recipient’s wallet service provider to investigate this situation further
Note: Don't worry—if you've entered the correct recipient's wallet address, your funds will be recovered.